Finally! U.S. users of the Android OS phone or G1 can get their 1.5 Cupcake update. Follow the instructions below to do so, I have already updated with this file and it is the Official U.S. version of Android 1.5 Cupcake.
I am very impressed with this update (that finally has arrived). I have seen my share of videos of the updates but after having used it, it feels so much better than what I was expecting which was good already. The on-screen keyboard is nice, it takes some getting used too. Some larger fingers can have a harder time getting use to. I think I will just be using the on-screen keyboard for quick writing and not long text messages or anything. The user interface updates are even more beautiful.
Disclaimer: I am NOT responsible for anything that may go wrong while updating your phone. Make sure you have a good amount of battery, to be even safer plug the power cord in.
- Download: https://android.clients.google.com/updates/partner/signed-kila-ota-148830.de6a94ca.zip
- Rename this file to update.zip.
- Mount your SD card to your PC through the phone.
- Save ALL the contents of your SD Card to a new folder on your PC.
- Delete all the contents off the SD Card and put update.zip onto the SD Card.
- Shut down your phone.
- Hold the HOME button as you press the POWER button to turn on.
- When you see a yellow triangle icon appear on your screen, press and hold ALT+L.
- When a new screen appears, press ALT+S to apply the update.
- It will go through a serious of verification and updates here.
- When told to, press the HOME and BACK button.
- The phone will restart twice, this may take a few minutes to complete.
- Now re-mount your SD Card, copy all the files you backed up, back and delete update.zip.
- Now just enjoy all the new GREAT features in Android 1.5 Cupcake.