In the past, I use to only play PC games and some console where as now it is pretty much all about the Xbox 360. So I will stick to just this console and what I have played personally. I wish I would of had more time in 2009 to venture off especially to play games like Uncharted for PS3.
- Batman: Arkham Asylum – Hands down one of the greatest games I have ever played in the longest time. I highly recommend picking this up to buy or rent, it has a lot of replay value if you buy it. I am more than anxiously waiting for Batman: Arkham Asylum 2.
- Modern Warfare 2 – For it’s multiplayer. Single Player was absolutely garbage story wise this time around. Plus the COD franchise has always been my favorite multiplayer games. Spec Ops was a good concept but too easy, even on Veteran, for my brother and I. It should of been done a little differently.
- Brütal Legend – You may not like Jack Black, I do at least but this game was tons more than I thought it was going to be. The storyline was actually good and the gameplay was amazing. I put around 30 hours into this game and would easily put more into it to get more of the little achievements.
- Shadow Complex – This arcade game was fantastic. You could not ask for a better arcade game.
- Resident Evil 5 – It’s Resident Evil, this is probably the first RE game I have finished myself but with my brother in co-op. He is the one that has played all of the previous RE games though. I really enjoyed it, much better to play co-op with someone though.
- X-Men Origins Wolverine – Today’s games seem to be getting better when it comes to putting them on gaming consoles from a movie. Beautiful graphics with awesome gameplay. You get to have claws and kill people, what more do I need to say?
- Borderlands – I was thinking of putting this below X-Men but while I put around at least 60 hours into this game, X-Men just was a great game. I enjoyed and had a lot of fun in Borderlands though. But there were a lot of disappointments after playing the game so long that I wish it had.
- Ghostbusters – It is the only Ghostbusters game that is actually fun and enjoyable to play. Then also it is the Ghostbusters, why wouldn’t you love this game? Unless you weren’t born in the 80’s. The actors voices are here from the movie and there is an actual storyline.
- Transformers 2 – This was much better than Transformers 1 video game, so that is why it is on this list.
- Madden NFL 10 – Yea, yea Madden releases a new title every year. But this is the first time where I actually felt that it was really a good purchase and game itself. It felt “more” realistic (NCAA Football 10 felt even better) and much better than it has been in the previous years, 09 was good but 10 is better. We also probably know already and can say that next year, Madden 11 will be better than 10.
Remember, this is a top 10 list for just Xbox 360. I do know that some of these games would of never made my own top 10 list if had been more than just Xbox 360 and that I had played the others. I know the other games are better but I am doing a list of games that I had actually played while not venturing off too much this year.