My Top G1 Apps [UPDATE]
This is an update to my earlier post in December 2008: My Top G1 Apps. So a while back I wrote a list of great apps that I use and recommend to others. Well overtime, new apps have come out that are either much better then another one like it or just another new app has come out that is great.
I still use Scoreboard, Shazam, TuneWiki, PhoneFlix (NetFlix) ShopSavvy, The Weather Channel, Ringdroid, Bartender and more from my previous list. Given I have already set my settings for Ringdroid and Bartender is only necessary here and there. I have removed and replaced StreamFurious with Last.FM App. StreamFurious is still very nice, I am not putting it down but I use and enjoy Last.FM much more to my liking. Check them both out, they are very similar but also very different.
Twidroid has become much better then when I last talked about it. A LOT better but I still have some problems with it, I would love to see a new UI especially. It is constantly being updated and developer seems very nice when I have emailed. There still is no Facebook App, requiring you to still have to use the browser. Sadly, it is very doubtful we will ever see a Facebook app for the Android/G1 especially given the fact that some Facebook employees hate the Android/G1 and for heaven shake, Facebook will you add T-Mobile to Mobile?
Some new apps have come my way since my last post and those would be the following to check out.
– Xbox Friends List (1337pwn) – No need if you do not have Xbox Live or do not even plan to use.
– AK Notepad – This has been out a while but it is a great notepad so far that I have found.
– aTrackDog – Check all your apps for updates.
– Txtract – Backup all your text messages.
– MyBackUp – Backup almost everything on your phone from contacts to text messages to apps.
– Movie Finder – Probably the best movie application on the G1, I love it.
I use the following as well but only when needed: SnapTell, Finance, Voice Recorder, Cubik, OI Flashlight (the lack of a Flashlight having come from a Sony Ericsson W800i still sucks and miss it) and OI Shopping list.