My thoughts on GTA: IV
GTA: IV was released a week ago now. I’ve played it a lot this passed week. 77 hours, 11 hours and 51 seconds to be exact. I love this game, it’s a great game but I am upset at Rockstar for how much content they took out of the game among what was shown on trailers over the past year and how you can’t do most of what was shown.
I am just going to list them, not in any particular order. This is not a complete list as I’m not going to remember or think of everything that I have noticed. Also, I am NOT hating on GTA: IV, like I said, it’s a great game and I still love it. Though please Rockstar, give us DLC by August? :)
- * Weapons seem to have disappeared from this game. There are few to use but still great, M4 for the win. Silence Weapons? What happened?!?! Flame Thrower? Nightstick? Katana? Desert Eagle? Remote explosives? (Yes, you can get 1 for 1 time use till a few hours runs by from Packie but that’s not cool) Mini Gun? Heat Seeking Rocket Launcher? (It’s already pain to hit a helicopter with the RPG) The parachute? (Why?! You really need one with helicopter most the time)
* Vehicle modifications and customizations.
* I had around 1.3 million after having completed the story line and completing all of Stevie’s car missions. What am I suppose to do with it? Other than pay my hospital bills when I rarely die and buy cheap ammo from Jacob.
* Mansions, Houses, etc. Why? Why take them out? I don’t understand. Let us purchase something! If you have not played the game yet or got to Playbox X, kill him, you get his suite.
* Dealerships. I already know about the 3 dealerships in Algonquin and Alderney. Those you steal from, not buy. Turismo’s at Grotti in Algonquin a block from your safehouse on Albany Ave. NRG900’s in Northern Alderney on the corner of Lemhi St. and Sacramento Ave. Few different vehicles at AutoEroticar in Northern Alderney as was located at the corner of Kencekie Ave. and Lockowski Ave.
* Fighting seems to have taken a hit in this game, thank god you only really fight in like 2 missions at the beginning.
* I love the radio stations and the content on them but it doesn’t seem as if there’s a lot of different content on each station, it’s usually always play the same thing I listened to not too long ago. I expected not having to hear the same thing said 10 minutes ago on the same station?
* While collecting the pigeons, nearly every damn time the cops come after you for firing your weapon, right? For when this happens, why do they know EXACTLY where you are (while you are on foot getting away) while not having seen you? Yes, I hate it. PLUS, why is the radar so damn large for just firing a weapon? Sigh. Each crime should determine how big the radar is, I don’t want to have to travel across town for something small town, like nicking a police car, which brings me too….
* Seriously, everytime you BARELY nick a cop car, they still have to come after you? I can understand flying into one and what not but you barely hit one purely by accident, you now have to get away. Radar size? Psh, come on.
* Not that we need money, seems the only real smart way to make money if needed after the story line is done is to collect the expensive best cars for Stevie. What happened to gambling? I wonder what happens (as to I never have found out) When you have $0 and you die, what happens to the bill?
* The weapon aiming system I do love, it is so much better but why is it that everytime I go to aim at a cop in front of me, you either flip me around or move me to a cop or a civilian that is further away from that cop in front of me or someone behind a wall? :(
* In trailers you showed us throwing people into trunks among other things, where did that go? Not cool.
* When our weapon runs out of ammo, maybe I don’t want to throw it on the ground and have to spend $5,000 or more on it again. Stop.