How to root an RCA 7″ Voyager RCT6773W22
This root method should work with similar RCA tablets and other alike tablets that were released over Black Friday 2014.
The main method to root is with a tool called Kingo Root, available to download from http://kingoapp.com. Here is a mirror for this file is ever necessary: android_root.exe
- Step 1: Download and Install Kingo Root
- Step 2: Turn on USB Debugging on your RCA or like tablet.
- In order to do this you need to turn on Developer Options by going into the Settings Menu and going down to “About phone”. After that, scroll down until you find “Build number” and tap this seven times in a row until you get a dialog telling you that Developer Options have been turned on.
- Step 3: Plug in your RCA or like tablet via USB into your computer.
- You might need to install the USB drivers at this point for your device to be recognized. It should auto install after plugging in your RCA or like tablet.
- Step 4: Open Kingo Root and follow the instructions to root the device.
- Step 5: Profit! You are now rooted. If you’re not sure what to do with root or what you can, you can start by improving your battery life by installing Xposed Framework with Amplify and Greenify.